Learn the Latest About Westmont
Dear Westmont Parent,
Welcome! Whether you are the parent of a rising senior, an incoming first-year student, or a transfer student, we know that you and your student are experiencing a year like none other. Westmont began fall classes Monday, August 31, 2020. For new parents and families, Parent Orientation was a virtual series geared toward giving you insights about campus and college life you would normally get packed into a weekend. You can watch the videos here. Experienced parents, you will be a welcome resource to newer parents as well.
We know each student and family will face special challenges this year. We are praying for you and we are here to help. Please contact our office at (805) 565-6056 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance connecting with specific resources on campus.
Assistant Vice President for College Advancement,
Interim Senior Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
Campus Visitation Request:
If you plans to visit campus for any reason, we ask that you complete the Visitor Request Form. Once the form is submitted and your request approved, then you will receive approval confirmation. On the day(s) of the visit, an automated health assessment form will be sent to your email for completion.
Please note that all students will be tested the week following their return to campus, between December 2-4, so we can continue to keep the campus safe.
All classes in all formats will be conducted online until we receive the test results.
If You're Picking up Your Student for Thanksgiving
Parents coming to campus on November 19 and 20 will find it to be a simple process. Rather than requesting to be put on an approved list in advance, simply stop at any entrance and let the security personnel know you are a parent/family picking up your student. They will permit you to enter campus. Please wear your mask or face covering at all times while on campus.
If Your Student is Staying on Campus over Thanksgiving
Normally the residence halls and Dining Commons are closed during Thanksgiving break. However, this year they will remain open.
Westmont is one of the few colleges in the country to repopulate successfully this fall. Westmont students have done great job being responsible for themselves and loving one another through their careful behaviors.
Here are some other helpful things to know:
- Westmont has had very low rates of COVID positive cases. Check out our dashboard.
- Westmont is rigorous with testing and contact tracing.
- Faculty will provide remote instruction the first week back on campus after Thanksgiving as well as after Christmas break to allow time for testing and results.
- Westmont's size allows us to quarantine, isolate and care for students who have suspected contact with someone who has or is suspected of being COVID positive.
- If a family is uncomfortable with a student going home for Thanksgiving, they can stay on campus.
- Please check this page regularly for important updates.
March 26-27, 2021
We are preparing for a fun-filled weekend on campus. As always, we end this weekend with Spring Sing. Check back later for more details.
Commencement for the Class of 2020 and 2021 have been announced.
The Class of 2020 will celebrate their long awaited ceremony Saturday, May 1, 2021
The Class of 2021 will celebrate their commencement Saturday, May 8, 2021.
More information will be announced after the first of the year.
Westmont warmly invites you to join President Gayle D. Beebe and other members of the Westmont ohana for an evening event celebrating God's faithfulness and looking ahead to the future.
The president will share with you some of the innovative strategies underway to equip Westmont students to be global citizens able to make an impact in the world.
This event has been postponed.
- Thanksgiving Holiday - November 23-27
- Final Exams - December 15-18
- First Day of Class Spring Semester - January 11
- Spring Recess March 15-19
- Parents Weekend - March 26-27
- Spring Sing - March 27
- Easter Recess - April 2-5
- Commencement - May 8